Friday, January 14, 2011

Why?

I think deep down inside me there is a writer aching to get out.  I have started many books and yet none are complete.  I hope that keeping a blog will inspire me to finish a book or two.  I lack the confidence that I could actually write something worth reading.  I have to overcome my fears and "just go for it".  Yah, that's so not who I am.  So the question may be: "Who am I?"  I hope this blog will give me insight to who I am and who I was meant to be.

Why did I call my blog "Come Home Running"?  That's an easy one to answer.  It's a song I heard at church.  It was one of the first times I went to church by my own choosing.  The preacher spoke of how God loves us and how He wants us to love Him.  God always has a home for us.  I have been looking for a home for all of my life.  I grew up in a house, a very nice house in fact, but there was something missing.  I got married and we moved into our own house, well houses, and not one felt like home.  We moved across the country and rented a very nice house, but again, it wasn't home.  This baffled me, I had a loving husband, two beautiful children, a car, all the "stuff" anyone could need and there was still something missing.  I discovered it was God.  Sounds silly I know, but it's true.  He can make a house feel like a home.  He gave me peace about so much in my life.  When that happened, I finally felt like I had a home.  And home is where my story begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment